Wednesday, May 5, 2010
JAARS Aviation "What they do"
For more than 60 years, JAARS aviation has provided safe, dependable flight services to translators and support personnel, enabling Bible translation to flourish in locations that would otherwise remain inaccessible.
JAARS began with one aviation program in Peru, yet they have since served in 16 countries. Today, they continue to operate 24 aircraft in five countries, providing transportation to more than 200 translation programs.
Throughout the world, their professional pilots, mechanics and avionics technicians work to speed Bible translation by:
* Transporting translators, support personnel, consultants, trainers and linguists.
* Providing medical evacuations.
* Transporting cargo, such as cash crops, for community development.
* Assisting in disaster relief work.
* Flying missionaries' children to and from Christian schools.
They also deliver supplies to many translation programs, such as food, household goods, building materials and farm implements. And, when translation work is complete, their pilots are often privileged to deliver boxes of freshly printed Scriptures.
In many areas, their aviation team also provides services to Christian mission organizations, hospitals, local people and governments.